Vatican Tour with Skip the Line Tickets
We use a secure connection for our checkout process.
Explore the Vatican without queuing!
Discover the top sights in the Vatican on this guided tour and avoid the queues at both the Vatican and St. Peter’s Basilica with exclusive Vatican Skip the Line Tickets!
This is one of Rome’s most popular tourist spots, so these special entry tickets can be invaluable as the queues get extremely long, especially in the summer.
Vatican Tour Highlights
- Exclusive skip-the-line tickets to the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Guided tour of the Vatican Museums
- Visit the Sistine Chapel and see Michelangelo’s world-famous frescoes
- Guided tour of St. Peter’s Basilica, home to the La Pietà sculpture
- See the balcony from which the Pope addresses the crowds in St. Peter’s Square
Vatican Museums Tour
Get past the long queues at the Vatican Museums and explore the 9 miles of priceless sculpture, portraits, drawings, manuscripts and ancient artefacts within!
Although impossible to see everything in one day, during the Vatican Museum tour you’ll see all the major highlights, including the Hall of Maps, Pinecone Courtyard, Gallery of Candelabra, the Raphael Rooms and more.
Your friendly, knowledgeable guide will bring to life the priceless works by Raphael, Michelangelo, Bernini and many others with the stories and legends that surround them.
Sistine Chapel Visit
One of the highlights of your Vatican tour is a visit to the Sistine Chapel.
Guided tours are not permitted in the chapel, but you’ll be briefed by your guide with the help of photos and paintings before you enter.
Whilst inside, you’ll see the things discussed beforehand, including the boneless self-portrait of Michelangelo in which he forcefully delivers the message that he’d rather be skinned alive than have to paint the Sistine Chapel again!
One look up at the incredible Sistine Chapel fresco and you’ll immediately understand what made the artist say that …
St Peter’s Basilica Tour
Make the most of your skip-the-line tickets again and enter St. Peter’s Basilica by a special door from the Sistine Chapel.
Inside, amongst other marvels, you’ll see the impressive Basilica altar and have the opportunity to admire another of Michelangelo’s works, the beautiful La Pietà sculpture.
On morning tours (except for Wednesday mornings when it is usually closed for the Papal audience), you’ll take a guided tour of St Peter’s Basilica.
On afternoon tours, you’ll learn about the treasures inside from St. Peter’s Square before entering the Basilica to explore at your leisure.
Visit St Peter’s Square
Your tour ends in St Peter’s Square from where you can admire Bernini’s masterful optical illusion and see the famous balcony from which the Pope delivers his public addresses.
So you know, this is also the perfect spot to take excellent photos of the façade of St Peter’s Basilica!
- Culture Vultures
Vatican Tickets - Skip The Line – Key Info
- Tours begin at 9am, 10am and 2.30pm. Please arrive at the departure point 15 minutes before the start of your tour.
- On Wednesday mornings, St. Peter’s Basilica & Square may be closed to the public due to the Papal Audience.
Approximately 3 hours.
Meet your guide at the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums.
The steps are between Hotel Alimandi Vaticano and Caffè Vaticano on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi.
- Only small bags allowed into the Vatican Museums.
- Large bags/tripods/umbrellas and backpacks must be checked into the free luggage storage area.
- Try not to bring these items as you may need to leave the tour early to collect them from storage.
- Pushchairs and prams are not permitted on the tour.
- Only non-flash photography is allowed, except in the Sistine Chapel where photography and talking are prohibited.
- Please note that the dome in St Peter's Basilica is not included in the tour.
The tour is unsuitable for wheelchair users or those with walking difficulties.
- A visit to the Vatican Museums requires a strict dress code. Shoulders and knees must be covered with no low cut or sleeveless tops or shorts for both men and women.
- Please note that we cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress.
- In addition, the tour involves a fair amount of walking and stair climbing, therefore comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Tour of the Vatican Museums.
- Tour of St. Peter’s Basilica.
- Skip-the-line entry.
- Entry to the Sistine Chapel.
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guide.
- Hotel transfers.
Please note that in case of unexpected closures of some of the areas inside the Museums, the guide may have to modify the itinerary slightly. For example, if some of the internal connecting areas are closed for safety reasons, Raphael's Rooms may be replaced with Pio Clementino Museum, where Laocoon and Apollo Belvedere statues are.