ZSL London Zoo Tickets
We use a secure connection for our checkout process.
ZSL London Zoo Tickets
Meet over 720 different species of animal at ZSL London Zoo - a haven of nature in the heart of the city!
Immerse yourself in the magic of the animal kingdom and forget about the world outside, located in the north-east corner of Regent’s Park.
With fabulous interactive experiences and opportunities to get closer to the animals, the Zoo actively ‘brings down the bars’ for both kids and adults to discover more about wildlife, both at the zoo and out in the wild.
Land of the Lions
Get ready for London Zoo’s biggest and most breath-taking experience ever!
London Zoo welcomes a pride of endangered Asiatic lions to their enormous new habitat! Enter the crumbling ruin of an amphitheatre-style Lion Temple and see these majestic big cats roaming just metres away through an awe-inspiring ‘windowless view’ of their enclosure.
Land of the Lions will help to support ZSL’s international conversation efforts to protect Asiatic Lions.
Children’s Zoo – Animal Adventures
Children love animals – that’s just a fact!
Animal Adventures lets kids immerse themselves in the sights, sounds, smells and experiences of life in the animal kingdom, as well as inspiring the next generation to care about our wildlife.
LIVE animal events every day
There are free events going on all day long, where you can get even closer to the animals, talk to their keepers and even join in feeding time!
See the Free Daily Events tab for more details.
What if it rains?
Whatever the weather there’s loads to do at ZSL London Zoo! If the heavens have opened, you can find shelter in the many indoor exhibits and enclosures, like the Aquarium with its amazing coral reef, London’s only living rainforest (It's warm in there too!) and loads more.
In October 2019 after 100 years in continual operation, the aquarium at ZSL London Zoo will be permanently closed and a new exhibit will be built due to open in 2020. Some freshwater species have moved to Whipsnade Zoo. Our experts are looking after all other aquatic animals until they’re ready to move to their new home.
- Nature Lovers
- London Zoo is open daily from 10am (except Christmas Day).
- Closing times vary depending on the season
- Please Note: Last admission is 1 hour before closing time and some animal exhibits may close up to 30mins before closing time.
During the Zoo’s summer evening event period, the Zoo will close one hour earlier for day visitors at 5PM to allow preparation of the event, which starts at 6PM. The final entry on these dates will be 4PM. Zoo Nights is a separately ticketed event which is not included within our ticket options.
Regent's Park, Outer Circle, London NW1 4RY
- Paid parking is available in the zoo's Gloucester Slips Car Park
- The zoo's main entrance is situated on the Outer Circle of Regent's Park NW1, which is outside of the congestion charge zone.
- Wheelchair access is available throughout the zoo.
- There are disabled parking bays near the entrance
- Please note that the zoo contains some listed buildings, therefore some of these may have minor restrictions.
- Guide dogs are not permitted inside the zoo. Please contact the zoo in advance to make alternative arrangements.
- Concessions tickets are available for students (aged 16+), seniors (aged 60+) and disabled visitors. ID and proof of entitlement will be required upon arrival at London Zoo.
- One essential carer per paying disabled visitor may also enter for free, and do not require a ticket for entrance.
- Please note that ZSL reserves the right to charge the applicable general admission rate to any person unable to validate their entitlement to Concession rates.
Redeeming your e-ticket:
Please take your e-ticket to the London Zoo ticket office to collect your entrance tickets
- Children aged 2 and under enter free of charge!
- Children under 16 will not be admitted without an adult
There’s so much to see and do at London Zoo! These are just some of their free daily events, feeds and demonstrations:
Meet the Monkeys
All day, every day
Meet the black-capped squirrel monkeys in their 1500m² enclosure, designed to recreate their natural habitat in the Bolivian rainforests.
Kids and adults can discover their inner monkey in a specially-designed 'play area' which highlights some of the tools and movements our monkeys use to navigate their environment.
This walk-through is open to the skies, with no boundaries between you and the animals – so you’ll feel like you’re on a real safari in the centre of London!
Every day at 11:30am & 1.30pm
There are plenty of penguins to see at England’s biggest penguin pool! Make sure you get here for feeding times to see these lovable characters at their best as they feed, dive, jump and swim in their spacious new home.
Every day at 12pm & 3pm
Get closer than ever to one of nature’s most awesome predators - the critically endangered Sumatran tiger – in their new £3.6milllion enclosure
Tropical Bird Tour
Every day at 11:15am
Come nose to beak with beautiful exotic birds in all shapes, sizes and colours on a walk through the tropical bird house! You’ll also be able to ask your guide anything you want to know about the birds.
”High Tea” with the Giraffes
Every day at 3pm
Learn all about the Zoo’s tallest residents while they tuck into an afternoon snack! The giraffes can be found in the “Into Africa” exhibit along with zebras, okapi, warthogs and African hunting dogs.
Every day at 2pm in the "root zone" of Animal Adventure - the interactive children's zoo.
Aardvarks and porcupines just love to dig! Watch these underground adventurers close-up as they enjoy their lunch, and find out more about the curious creatures from their keepers.
On the Tube:
London Zoo is within walking distance of Camden Town and Regent's Park stations
- Service 274 from Marble Arch and Baker Street to Ormonde Terrace
- Service C2 from Victoria station, Oxford Circus or Great Portland Street to Gloucester Gate
By London Overground:
- The nearest London Overground station is Camden Road station.
- Turn right out of the station and follow Camden Road until you get to Camden Town Tube station.
- Cross the road and walk along Parkway
- Continue walking up Parkway for about 6 minutes until you reach Prince Albert Road
- Turn right into Prince Albert Road and continue for about five minutes until you reach the traffic-light controlled pedestrian crossing
- Cross left here and walk over the Regent's Canal footbridge
- Turn right and ZSL London Zoo is 200m up the road on the left-hand side.
Arriving by bike is easy! There is a bike shed for public use in the car park opposite the main entrance.