SuperJeep Tour of Borgafjord and Ice Cave
We use a secure connection for our checkout process.
Discover West Iceland on the Borgafjord and Ice Cave Tour
Leave the hustle and bustle of Reykajvik behind and go on a super jeep adventure into the Icelandic wilderness. Visit the most powerful hot springs in Europe, explore an ice cave and visit some of Iceland’s lesser known waterfalls. You’ll even drive across a fjord under the sea!
The amazing things you’ll do on your tour
- Take a ride on Hvalfjörður – the famous Icelandic road tunnel under the Hvalfjörður fjord
- See the hot springs at Deildartunguhver
- Visit Hraunfossar Waterfall – The Children’s Waterfall
- Enjoy the view over Langjökull Glacier
- Enter an ice cave
- Learn the legends surrounding the waterfall in Grimsá - home of the trolls
Visit the most powerful hot springs in Europe
Come close to the hot springs at Deildartunguhver. Providing 180 l/sec of 100°C hot water, the springs are used as a heating source for the nearby towns of Borgarnes and Akranes.
Fancy a soak? Well, you’re just stopping for a quick visit but if you’ve had a shower anywhere within 65km of Deildartunguhver, you’ve already bathed with the thermal water from the spring!
Step off the well-known tourist track & visit 2 of Iceland’s lesser known waterfalls
Hraunfossar -The Children’s Waterfall
Hraunfossar is not your usual waterfall – it’s formed of multiple streams, coming from beneath an ancient lava flow, spanning over 900 meters. Being outside of the classic tourist routes, it’s a place with a particularly peaceful atmosphere.
The waterfall is even more beautiful in the winter months when the water freezes and turns into spectacular giant icicles.
The story behind the name
The name Hraunfossar, which means “Children’s Waterfall” in Icelandic, has rather dark roots. According to the legend, there used to be a natural bridge over the waterfall, from which two local children fell to their deaths. Their grieving mother is said to have destroyed the bridge in her despair.
The Troll Waterfall
Immerse in the world of tales at the waterfall in Grimsá - home of the trolls. See the giant troll face, formed in the rocks, overseeing the water and delve into the Icelandic folklore.
Explore a cave entirely made of ice
Set foot on the majestic Langjökull glacier – follow the man-made ice tunnels that take you into the glacier itself.
Enter a fairy-tale like space, as you find yourself surrounded by crystal clear blue ice. You’ll feel like you’re visiting Elsa’s frozen kingdom of Arendelle!
- Nature Lovers
- Learn Something New
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays all year round.
- Please be at meeting point at least 15min before departure time.
- 8-9hrs approx
Times are approximate and subject to change.
- Free pick-up from your Reykjavik located hotel.
- Return hotel transfers, entrance fee to the Ice Cave and English speaking guide/driver.
- Any other services not mentioned above.
- The tour runs upon request every day of the year.
- Minimum of 2 passengers on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturday.
- Minimum 4 on other days
Visit the link that you'll find in your voucher to download and print off a voucher for Reykjavik Rost.
Located right by the old Harbor, Reykjavik Rost offers a selection of freshly made & grilled sandwiches with a delicious selection of soups. With our exclusive meal deal voucher you can save up to 25% off of your combo meal (Soup + Sandwich + Filter coffee). Delicious!