Tenerife - Attractions & Things to Do
All Tenerife Attractions
Displaying 1-2 of 2 results
Top Attractions & Things to do in Tenerife
Must-do Tenerife Day Trips
Conquer the highest mountain in Spain
Fancy a break from vegetating by the pool? Get set to scale the dizzying heights of Mount Teide, Spain’s tallest peak. You’ll feel as if you’ve landed on another planet as you trek across the vibrant moonscape of volcanic rock.
Explore more of the Canary Islands
Ready for some island hopping? Travel from Tenerife to the pretty island of La Gomera and explore some fascinating historical sights on this full-day tour.
See wild dolphins on the famous Tenerife Boat Tours
Love your wildlife? Witness one of the ocean’s most spectacular sights on a dolphin-spotting cruise, as you watch whales and dolphins swim and play in their natural environment.
Of course we couldn’t miss out the Tenerife Water Parks!
If you’re divided between the sun-worshippers and the stir-crazies, spending a day at the likes of Siam Park and Aqualand Costa Adeje is sure to tick everyone’s boxes - plus they’re great for keeping the kids entertained!
Money-saving tip from us: You can explore both Siam Park and Loro Parque for less with a Twin Ticket. As an added perk to the Twin Ticket, children under 6 enter BOTH parks for free.
No surprise Loro Parque is Tenerife’s most popular wildlife park! There you can see one of the biggest collections of parrots and other animals in Europe.
Experience the Tenerife Nightlife
Your inner party animal's just dying to come out? Dive right into the Tenerife nightlife - explore the resorts of Los Cristianos, Playa de Las Américas & Costa Adeje in the South of the island for shimmering white sands and round-the-clock party culture.
Tenerife - Quick Facts
- Flight Time from UK:
- Approx. 4h 10min
- Tenerife has 2 airports – Tenerife North and Tenerife South.
- Main Resorts:
- Los Cristianos, Playa de Las Américas & Costa Adeje.
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- Opening Times:
- Shops are usually open from 10am - 1.30 / 2.30pm and from 5pm – 8pm.
- Post offices are open Monday - Friday from 8.30am - 8.30pm. Saturdays from 9.30am – 2pm.
- Temperatures in Tenerife range from an average of 17°C in January to an average of 25°C in August.
- The sea is generally 20°C and up, so you can swim in warm water pretty much all year round!
- Country code: +34
- Area code: 0922
- Emergency Services Number: 112
- EU standard, 220 V
Getting Around in Tenerife
- Free Theme Park Shuttle
- If you’re planning to visit Loo Parque and/or Siam Park, you can take advantage of the free shuttle buses that pick up from Tenerife’s major resorts!
- Renting a Car
- It’s easy to rent a car in Tenerife, as there are loads of car-rental agencies across the island.
- The bigger international chains can be found in all major resorts, as well as at the airports, and rental usually costs between €25 and €45 a day.
- There are also many smaller local businesses which offer slightly older cars at a cheaper rate.
- Tenerife’s bus service TITSA (www.titsa.com) runs services all over the island and can take you to most of the places worth seeing!
- If you intend to use the bus a lot, get a “Bono Bus” card, which can save you 30-50% on usual fares and also includes discounted entry into many of Tenerife’s museums.
- You can purchase Bono Bus Tickets from bus stations, bus terminals, and various retail outlets, often newsagents - look out for the green Bono Bus sign.
- The journey from Playa de las Americas to the capital Santa Cruz takes about one hour by bus.
- Taxis are available pretty much everywhere on the island. It can be an expensive way to get around though, so if you think you’ll need them a lot, it may be a better idea to hire a car.
Tenerife is best-known for its year-round sunshine, volcanic beaches and heady nightlife. If that’s what you’re looking for, you’re definitely in the right place – but there are also loads more Tenerife attractions you could explore!
Whether you’re travelling with friends, kids or as a couple, the biggest Canary Island is perfect for sun-worshippers, fun-seekers and all-night-partiers alike!
Check out the guides and tips above for our recommendations on what to do in Tenerife.