Berlin - Things To Do & Attractions
All Berlin Attractions
Displaying 1-2 of 2 results
Berlin – Quick Facts
The main language used here is German, but English is also spoken widely
Flight Time from UK:
The average flight time from London to Berlin is 1 hour 50 minutes
There are 2 airports that serve Berlin:
- Berlin Tegel Airport (TXL), this is the closest airport to the city of Berlin. Once construction on the new airport Berlin Brandenburg (BER) is completed then Tegel will close down.
- Berlin Schönefeld Airport (SXF), is located on the southern outskirts of Berlin.
The average temperature in July and August is 18°C, while in January it can drop to around -1°C.
- Country Code: +30
- Emergency Services Number: Police: 110, Medical/Fire Brigade: 112
EU standard, 230 V
Getting Around in Berlin
- Berlin’s main public transport system is operated by BVG (http://www.bvg.de/en/)
- It is made up of the S-Bahn (trains) and the U-Bahn (the underground).
- You can buy single fare or day tickets at ticket stations throughout the city.